Following are the basic advantages and disadvantages of using session. I have describe in details with each type of session at later point of time.
- It helps to maintain user states and data to all over the application.
- It can easily be implemented and we can store any kind of object.
- Stores every client data separately.
- Session is secure and transparent from user.
- Performance overhead in case of large volume of user, because of session data stored in server memory.
- Overhead involved in serializing and De-Serializing session Data. because In case of StateServer andSQLServer session mode we need to serialize the object before store.