we can use custom session mode in following of the cases,
- We want to store session data rather than SQL Server.
- When we have to use some Existing table to store session data.
- When we need to create our own session ID.
We need to configure our web.config like below,
If you want to Explore some thing more please Check Further study section
- We can use some existing Table for the store session data, It is useful when we have to use some old database rather than SQL Server.
- It's not depending on IIS , So Restarting web server does not make any effects on session data.
- We can crate our own algorithm for generating Session ID.
- Processing of Data is very slow.
- Creating a custom state provider is a low-level task that needs to be handled carefully to ensure security.
Its always recommended to use any third party provider rather than creating your own.
Ref and More Information : Custom Mode